Accumulation of dust on blinds can be a major cause of many types of allergies and breathing problems. For dusting purposes, you can clean the blinds using a damp cloth. However, you need to follow other methods to deep clean the blinds. Some of these intense cleaning methods include mobile ultrasonic blind cleaning and steam cleaning. Many householders often want to know if they can steam clean their blinds.
What are the benefits of Steam Cleaning the Blinds?
Blinds come in a variety of colors, designs, and patterns. They also are made from different types of material including, Metal, Wood, Vinyl, Fabric, and Plastic, etc. You can use different methods to clean those blinds including mobile ultrasonic blind cleaning.
Besides, Steam Cleaning is also a very effective method of blind cleaning. It not only removes dust from the blinds but also frees them from the harmful allergens like mites and mold. Moreover, it is very easy to steam clean the blinds and that too in much less time.
What care should be taken when steam cleaning blinds?
However, before steam cleaning your blinds you should be cautious while cleaning Vinyl blinds. They can easily lose color due to the high temperature of the steam. The same care should be taken with the fabric blinds. You can test the effect of steam on these blinds before beginning to clean them using steam.
In any case, you should never expose Vinyl blinds to steam for a long time else the high temperature can irreparably damage it.
How to clean blinds through steam cleaner?
Given below are the simple steps that you can follow to steam clean your blinds:
- Top up the steam cleaner with water.
- Fit the brush attachment on the steam hose end.
- Turn the unit on as per the manufacturer’s guiding instructions.
- Allow the unit to generate steam.
- Take a small test on a small area of your blind to check for discoloration.
- For the horizontal blinds, move the brush across the blinds so that the steam loosens up the accumulated dust.
- For vertical blinds, move the brush from top to the button of the blinds.
- Take a clean and dry cloth and wipe the blind to remove any remaining dust.
- Reverse the blind and follow the above procedure for the other side as well.
There are many different methods of blind cleaning like using micro-fiber cloth, mobile ultrasonic cleaning, and steam cleaning, and so on. By using the steam method you can clean as well as disinfect blinds. It will protect you and your family from many diseases that can be caused by dust and micro-organisms.